The hospital has 35 beds and offers a comprehensive range of facilities
Please note that additional deposit will be required when patient's expenses exceed the initial deposit paid or the limit specified in the guarantee letter. If patient's admission deposit is guaranteed by credit card, the Billing Clerk will request for additional top-up line of credit, and inform the card holder accordingly.
All room rates include:
1. Tea snacks (8:00am)
2. Free flow of hot & cold water
3. Free nurse call
Room Rates exclude: 6% Government Tax on Room Rates
Notes: All rates quoted are subject to revision from time to time by Sibu Specialist Medical Centre.
Payment Counter & Operating Hours
8:30AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Sunday.
Cash, debit card and credit card.
Medical card is accepted. Please call us for more information at 084 – 329900.
Office Hours for both Central and Satellite Pharmacy:
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
8:00 AM to 12: 30 PM, Saturday and Sunday only.
Our admission counter is located at the Ground floor.
Other than emergency cases, appointments for admission are made during your visit to the Consultant's Clinic.
7AM to 9PM, Monday through Sunday.
What to bring?
Your I.C (Identity Card) or Passport or your Birth Certificate. If you have a medical card, please bring it along.
For foreigners, please bring your work permit or Passport.
For those who are covered by insurance or employer medical benefits:
Please bring your
- Letter of Guarantee
- Authorisation Letter / Chit from company
- Past Medical Records, recent Mammogram films and laboratory results And current medications(if applicable)
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
1. To know the name, profession and experience of our staff who care and treat for you.
2. To freely voice complaints and recommend changes without fear of a change in the quality
3. To ask to see another doctor, get a second opinion, or change doctors or hospitals.
4. To refuse to take part in the training of healthcare workers, research or in experimental programs.
5. Accept or refuse medical or surgical treatment, including forgoing or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment or withholding resuscitative services.
A Patient has the responsibility to...
1. Provide accurate and complete information about your present medical conditions, medications and special needs.
2. Provide information about any special needs you may have that are an important part of your culture or religion.
3. Follow treatment instructions or let us know if you are unwilling or unable to do so.
4. Consider the comfort and needs of other patients.
5. Respect the role and dignity of Hospital staff and their right to a safe and pleasant work environment.
Pre Surgery Admission
You will be given a referral letter from the consultant once appointment is made for admission. Thus, you are required to sign a consent form before the operation.
Things to Bring for Admission
- Mother's clothes
- 1 Set Baby's clothes
- Blanket/Towel for wrapping the baby
- Mother Antenatal Card
- Mother's Identity Card
Birth Registration of your Baby:
You should register your baby with the Sibu Registrar of Birth within 14 days of delivery. Our staff will provide you with the necessary documents & will give to you upon discharge.
SSMC Delivery Pricing Guide
Normal Delivery: RM1850 – RM2000
Caesarean Delivery: RM3500- RM4000
Applicable to 1 night stay at 4bedded room / Single Room only.
*Term and condition apply*
The Price will include:
- Common Room (6 Bedded Room)
- Delivery by Resident Consultant Obstetrician
- Consultant Paediatrician's examination of new born baby
- Anaesthetics & Consultation paediatrician stand by (Caesarean package only)
- Blood Grouping, Blood Test on TSH and G6PD
- VT K, BCG and Hepatitis B Vaccination
- FREE Nurse call
- Care of newborn: Baby's milk & diapers
- Mother's admission kit
- 2 Tea Snacks will be provided
Delivery excludes the following treatment:
Any special medical needs or requirements which are NOT included in the above pricing guide will be charged separately.
- Induction of labour
- Pain Relief in Labour – Epidural anesthesia
- Vacuum delivery/Forceps delivery
- Upgraderoom/extra day stay
- Special nursing care for premature or ill baby
- Non-routine treatment
- Hepabig injection for baby of Hep B mother
- Phototherapy of jaundice
- Multiple pregnancies
- Delivery of " Horoscope" baby
- Additional lab. Tests and investigations Notes: All rates are subject to revision from time to time by SSMC. The rates are quoted for normal delivery without any complication. Prices may vary depending on any complication or special circumstance. Please call us for more information at 084 – 329900.
During Your Stay
As soon as you have cleared the admission process at Sibu Specialist Medical Centre, you will be escorted to your room by a hospital representative.
All rooms are equipped with the following amenities:
- Television ( Executive & Single Room)
- Nurse Call System (available 24 hours a day & free of charge)
- Attached bathroom and toilet
- Adjustable bed
- Portable table
Doctor's Ward Round
The attending doctor shall review your condition every day. We encourage you to inform the doctor if you have further discomfort or if you are unclear about your diagnosis or treatment plan.
Nurses Call Services
Our nurses are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. All beds are fitted with a nurse call buzzer which you can use to contact the nurses should you need assistance at any time.
Breakfast & Tea Snack
Complimentary breakfast at 7:30am and afternoon tea at 3:00pm will be provided to the patients. First cup of Milo drink is available free of charge upon request (Delivery patients) and additional drink will be charged RM3 per cup.
Around 120 ample free parking for patients and visitors.
Your family and friends are welcome to visit you during your stay here. We also request that visitors be sensitive to the needs of other patients for peace and quiet
Monday – Sunday : 24 Hours
ICU : As condition permits; restricted visitors only
For Single Room, we provide an extra bed for inpatient.
For 6 Bedded Rooms, we provide an armchair or you may bring a recliner from home.
For your convenience, Sibu Specialist Medical Centre Specialist provides a list of nearby hotel accommodations for your visiting family and friends.
Address: Jalan Kampung Nyabor, 96000 Sibu Sarawak
Tel no: 084-365888
Address: No.9 Brooke Drive, 96000 Sibu Sarawak Tel no: 084-331999
Address: 3 Lorong 9A, Jalan Kampung Datu, 96000 Sibu Sarawak
Tel no: 084-331122
Address: Lot 277, Block 5, Jalan Kampung Nyabor, 96000 Sibu Sarawak
Tel no: 084-333188
Each patient is allowed only ONE companion to stay overnight. However, male companions are NOT allowed in a female room. In the Paediatric ward, one parent may stay overnight with the child at no extra charge. A daily rate of RM 10.00 is charged for rental of a collapsible chair.
Ambulance service is provided 24 hours. The fare charged is based upon the distance travelled. Please call us for more information at 084 – 329900.
Smoking is strictly prohibited on hospital premises by law. For the benefit of our patient, please help us to maintain a smoke-free environment.
Wi-Fi Internet Access
Our hospital is equipped with Wi-Fi and patients and visitors are able to access the wireless for internet.
KPJ Sibu Specialist Hospital
No 52A-G, Brooke Drive 96000 Sibu,
Sarawak, East Malaysia,Malaysia.
Established : 2003
Capacity Beds : 34
Total Consultant : 11 (Residents), 10 (Visiting)
For any general inquiries, please send your email at email@example.com
For any job inquiries, please email us at HR@kpjsibu.com Tel : 084-329900
Fax : 084-327700